Monday, December 12, 2011

Project Blog

In August I had the most amazing idea of what to do for my project; I thought it was going to be very easy. But it turned out to be very complex. There are many things that I had to do to accomplish what I’ve accomplished today. Time management was a great factor for this project, luckily by next semester I shall not worry about college applications. Nevertheless, I’ve grown so much with this project. I’ve never thought what guys out of school thought of girls that attend college level schools—naïve. Throughout my project that’s been constantly behind my head. And that has caused me to improve my project, to get everything out of the way. Some topics are very racy, but so is life. We encounter all the topics that we’ll be talking about in life, so if we encounter them in life, why not talk about it in school? The main reason why we attend school is to learn new things, to know and learn about everything. I’ve learned that many girls don’t have the basic conversations with their parents, that such talks are “awkward”. This club will be very helpful for all the girls; they will improve their everyday lives.
My “planning has been enriched” plenty, for us girls that have had the talk with their parents is not always enough. There are other things that people encounter every day, and you learn from nothing but pure personal experience. That’s when one tells friends about the incident, and that’s how other people get informed.
I honestly can’t wait to start having meetings on January, and impact the community! Daniel Pink was right, there has to be a motivation in life. Everyone has a different motivation. At the beginning I had no idea what was my motivation. I didn’t think I had a motivation, but that made no sense, how can one live without a motivation? I always thought money was my main motivation in life. But with this project, since money is not involved at all, that made me realize money wasn’t my motivation.
Changing people’s lives in the smallest possible way is my motivation. To see their faces when I was right; to see when what and where I’ve guided them was the right path makes me so happy. It keeps me going. And that’s what my project does, it improves girls’ lives and makes them happy.
It’s such a great feeling to see what two people can do with motivation, help, and research. To accomplish all the plans I have in mind for my project I’ll follow the timeline that I’ve designed. That way procrastination will not catch up to me, and I shall be ahead of the game. And my project will turn out to be as planned.

No comments:

Post a Comment